Participants from across Victoria have attended these courses to learn what is involved keeping their own honey bees. These informative courses are held at Windjana near Melbourne, Victoria and led by Bronwyn Woods, an experienced beekeeper and excellent trainer.
- Learn about one of the earth’s most amazing insects and its millennia old bond with flowering plants
- Did you know that honey bee pollinated plants account for a large proportion of our diet
- Understand the threats facing the bee and how these may affect our future food security
- Consider how you can assist the bee by keeping a few hives and in return make your garden more productive and those of your surrounding community
- Enjoy your own cold pressed honey full of enzymes – literally the essence of the flower as extracted by the clever bee
- Obtain answers to your questions on the practical aspects of beekeeping and discover why keeping bees is a relaxing and a rewarding hobby for all the family.
We run courses to cater for wherever you may be on your beekeeping journey - please explore the 3 options below.
Beekeeping is an enjoyable, relaxing and accessible hobby that has recently undergone resurgence. Learn what is involved in keeping your own hive of b..
The beginners course includes both theory as well as a practical session opening and inspecting a beehive.We cover the following topics:History of bee..
Intermediate courses/workshops - coming in 2022!A series of workshops designed for beekeepers with more experience.Topics include the following:1) Que..